More on CDS Reporting
In addition to the dashboards above, you'll find the following in CDS Reporting:
- Five dashboards with data from Module 1 (IT Organization, Staffing, and Financing)
- Two dashboards with data from Module 7 (IT Security)
- The CDS Core Metrics dashboard (valuable indicators of IT operational efficiency)
Core Metrics: IT by the Numbers
Here's a quick sample of core metrics for all institutions:
- $898 is the average funding central IT receives per FTE (students, faculty, and staff)
- $71,490 is the average compensation per IT staff FTE
- 22% of central IT staff FTEs are IT Support Services staff
Use peer groups to find out how these stats compare to those at institutions like yours.
CDS 2013 Data Collection: July–September
Data collection will begin first week of July. Find out what's new and important to know for the 2013 survey in this quick overview. Improvements this year include a revised data collection timeline, a new survey tool, and more data collection support.
More Data Coming Soon
Our developers continue to transfer 2012 data to CDS Reporting. Data for Research Technology Services and Communications Infrastructure will be released in May.
Download CDS 2012 Data
To download your CDS 2012 data in a spreadsheet, select the “Go to Data Download” button on the “Access Data” tab. You also have option to include IPEDS and/or CUPA-HR data in your download.
May: More CDS 2012 data released
May–June: CDS 2013 survey preparation tools available
July 1: Survey opens for data collection
September 13: Survey closes
October: CDS presentations and demos at EDUCAUSE 2013